Monday, August 22, 2016

Milli Vanilli

I actually have kind of a story about Milli Vanilli. As you probably all know by now, I grew up in a very hot climate, in the desert of southern California. I don't remember the heat really bothering me too badly as a kid, but I went back for a visit when I was 17 or 18 and it literally felt like I was being baked. I honestly felt like I was becominging cooked meat. We had moved to the Oregon coast and didn't need air conditioning in our car there, so my mom had bought a car without A/C and we never missed it... until we drove it to California. Even with all four windows down all the way it was intolerable. It was just like being blasted with hot air and it was no fun for me. 

Rewind a bit to 1990. One time we left a few of our tapes in the car over the weekend. That was a terrible idea. The tape part was okay, the part that actually has music on it (kids, you'll want to google that). But the plastic cassette part was, at one point, obviously liquid. Milli Vanilli was ruined! Now who were we supposed to blame it on? Nobody knew! So we took two tapes apart and combined them so that the Achy Break Heart tape, or whatever actually played Milli Vanilli. It was pretty smart. Later, as a teenager I found the same tape at a thrift store for a quarter or something. My friend Michelle and I blasted it in her Camaro with the T tops off. So much fun!


Thanks, Michelle. You're a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment