Monday, May 23, 2016

immature

Hey, everyone!  Remember a music group called immature?  Yes, I left that uncapitalized on purpose.  Apparently immature was the e.e. cummings of preteen 90s R&B.  Actually, if you don't remember them (unforgivable), you may remember Marques Houston from his role on Sister, Sister.  It was a show about two twin sisters who had been adopted at birth by separate families and the stars were Tia and Tamera Mowry.  If you don't remember THAT, then you are probably a small child, but it's okay.  Check the show out on YouTube.  You kids can find anything on there.  So watch the show, taking special note of the next-door neighbor, Roger.  The twins always said, in unison, "go home, Roger!" every time he came over trying to hit on them.  I personally had a giant crush on him, but what else is new?  I have no type and I love EVERYONE.  That's just me.

Anyway, Marques Houston was also in this singing group called immature and for some reason his name in the group was Batman.  They all had real names, obviously, but they also had nicknames or group names or something and the other two were LDB and Romeo.  These three kids were, besides being cute for little girls to look at, legitimately talented singers.  Again, make your way over to YouTube and look them up.  Here, I'll post a link this time.  Here.  Really good, right?   I'm not even kidding, I listened to them SO MUCH!  I totally had their Bop posters on my wall, too.  I loved them, even if all their songs were slow jams.  So, listen.  What other groups like them can you think of?  I remember Soul For Real and 3T, and they were so great!  Also Kriss Kross were kids, but they did rap so that's kind of a different category. I loved them too, though.  More on that later, maybe.  Comment and subscribe, ladies and gents.  You don't want to miss a word of this blog, believe me!

No comments:

Post a Comment