Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Ken Burns

This week I'm sending a letter, not on my own behalf, but on my husband's.  He loves documentaries; we both do.  While I don't have a favorite documentarian, he definitely does.  He loves Ken Burns and has even said that he's a personal hero.  Burns has produced 32 documentaries, so I'm not going to list them all, but I have watched a handful of them with my immortal beloved, and I've seen some more than once.  The ones that stick out to me are my husband's favorites and I've watched them... well, we'll just say I've watched them enough that I really should know more on the subjects than I do.  The favorites are Baseball, The War, The Civil War and his extra special two, Prohibition and The Roosevelts.  Now, these are all series or miniseries, so I have really spent a lot of time with Ken Burns.  I feel confident that if one man in America knows more history than anyone else, it's definitely him.  What I'll do is find the fan mail address and send a SASE in order to really guarantee an autograph for my dude but remember: It's a surprise.  Don't tell him!  

No comments:

Post a Comment