Monday, June 27, 2016

Beauty and the Beast

Hey pals, how do you chose your favorite Disney movie? Some people pick a favorite character, a strong storyline or a good moral.  I 100% choose by which songs I like the best.  So, while my favorite Disney movie is obviously Mulan (I mean, you've heard those songs, right?), the next best is Beauty and the Beast.  I guess it's been vaulted for awhile and I've been searching for it everywhere.  I had it on VHS but that doesn't help anyone anymore, so I tried to find it on DVD for less than it cost to make the movie in the first place.  It was slow going and it almost never happened.  My friend Marci has an eBay shop and it requires her to go to yard sales every single weekend.  My other friend Andrea has been (unbeknownst to me) reminding her for at least five years, but maybe closer to ten that I was looking for that movie, and a few weeks ago, she found it!  I cannot tell you how excited I am to finally have that movie and all the bonus features on the second disk!  You may not have known this, but Cogsworth was played by David Ogden Stiers, who was Winchester on M*A*S*H.  Such an adorable little clock he was, too! 

Finally... my precious.

So, hey.  Tell me this.  Does anyone remember in the 90s when McDonalds was selling and giving out those tapes in the Happy Meals?  The one I got was Buddy Songs and it included You've Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story and Candle on the Water from Pete's Dragon.  Well, it also had The Gaston Song from Beauty and the Beast, and I don't even know how many times I rewound that tape to hear that song!  It's definitely my favorite from that movie and I dissolve into laughter when I hear these lines from after the main song is over:

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been thinking.
A dangerous pastime.
I know.

If that's not comedic genius, what is?

No comments:

Post a Comment