Thursday, November 12, 2015

Thanks For Stopping By!

Hi, my name's Tina.  Welcome to my blog, I hope you like it. I think you'll find it to be part review, part fangirling and part biography.   I expect plenty of self-indulgent nostalgia too, so feel free to wear your Debbie Gibson shirt each week. 

So here's where it started: I sat down to write a fan letter the other day and it occurred to me that, even though it took me nearly 35 years to write to a celebrity, fame- specifically the fame of others- has genuinely shaped who I am as a person.  Gary Coleman taught me that everyone's feelings are complex and valid, the Coreys taught me to stay away from drugs and Roseanne taught me to thrive, even when I knew I couldn't.  My plan is to show you who has affected me and how, and whenever possible I'll send a (probably abridged) handwritten version to anyone involved.  If I get a response back, I'll always let you know because that's obviously the most exciting part.  Of course, sometimes it won't be possible to send letters to... ya know... the great beyond.  I'll just have to hope that Larry Linville and Jane Austin are reading my blog for themselves (and that they're not the only ones!). 

Some of my posts will be fairly long and some will just be simple reviews.  You can probably count on spoilers, because everything I've seen or read is from before my first kid was born a half a decade ago.  Feel free to post your own stories and opinions in the comments section each week.  We should have a ton of fun!

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely be reading this!!! I look forward to see what comes from the mind of Tina each week ;)

    ReplyDelete