Monday, March 21, 2016

Growing Pains

One of the shows I couldn't live without in the 80s was Growing Pains.  I was absolutely in love with Cool Guy Kirk Cameron and I had a pretty good little crush going on Leonardo DiCaprio (who just won an Oscar) too.  I really like Carol Seaver even though she kind of always got dumped on.  I remember when she was trying to get on the school paper or something and the teacher said her article stunk because she used too many big words.  When she said she didn't understand he told her it was "repleat with stinkiocity".  My favorite line of television dialogue ever. 



Kirk Cameron excused himself from Hollywood after that show for religious reasons.  He's back to making movies and videos and things but now he's all about religious projects, like Left Behind and the website Way of the Master.  Candace Cameron, his sister, is openly Christian too.  Sort of rare in Hollywood but she takes all sorts of roles and also co-hosts The View.  I follow Alan Thicke on Twitter and he posts about hockey sometimes.  Check him out.  You might like him too.  He also wrote the theme song to The Facts of Life.  So yeah.  Pretty awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment