Thursday, March 17, 2016

Property Brothers

Yeah, dudes.  I do watch stuff other than sci-fi.  I watch the mess out of some HGTV!  My favorite show on the channel is Property Brothers with twins Drew and Jonathan Scott. (Actually, now that I go to type this, I realize my favorite show is Love It or List It.  Why didn't I write about that one?  Oh, well.)  The Property Brothers are both real estate agents, and Jonathan is also a contractor.  He's the rugged one.  Drew is the smart one who keeps his suit clean.  The thing about that show is, everyone who's ever been on it has clearly never seen it.  I mean, it's completely bizarre!  The first thing they always do is show the couple their dream house, and if you know anything about the planet Earth, you know that nobody can afford their dream house.  If you have more money, you just want more house.  It's a pretty easy concept.  But when they show these people the first house and tell them they can't afford it... the couple always feels shocked, hurt, offended and betrayed. 

Every time. 

Every single time. 

It's seriously baffling, I mean it's a hugely popular show.  Never since Jerry Spinger have so many people gone on a TV show without ever watching it first.  So anyway, Drew shows them some houses and Jonathan shows how they could be fixed up.  Then they buy a dump, renovate it and an hour later, voila! They have their dream house.  Well, usually a much smaller version of it, but the plumbing and wiring are safe and all the finishes are high-end. It's pretty fun to watch, and if you're anything like me you'll spend the entirety of each episode trying to decide if there's actually a hotter twin.  

You're not eligible; you know about the first house thing.


Don't ask me.  Jury's still out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment