Monday, March 28, 2016

Beetlejuice

Do you guys remember Beetlejuice? It was the greatest, wasn't it? I keep hearing rumors about a remake so I wanted to just review what I loved about the original in case the new guys are scouring obscure blogs for input. I absolutely loved the waiting room scenes, those were my favorite parts. Seeing the complex stories being told only by makeup is really, really fun for me. Always has been. 




Another thing I never really appreciated at the time, being so young when the movie came out, was that Alec Baldwin was a total Baldwin! I can really appreciate that now, although it's super weird to think that I'm probably DEFINITELY older now than he was back then. Crazy. 

The music in that movie is the best, too! Remember when they all danced around the table to Harry Belefonte? I wanted a ghost to turn me into an expert dancer too! And at the end with the football team on the stairs? I was super jealous of Winona Ryder. She got to do that, plus be all emo angsty teenager. Unfair. 




Of course I loved that Kevin McAllister's mom was the bad guy, and I totally watched the cartoon every Saturday morning, but I'm pretty sure that movie is where my life-disrupting eye phobia started. You can't win them all, Beetlejuice. But good try.



No comments:

Post a Comment